NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Poor conditions tonight in the North West.

GazOC

Agreed, Shropshire was clear but couldn't see a thing, only the very brightest stars. I looked at the double cluster and it was poor. Decided to pack up after just thirty minutes. I wondered whether it was that volcanic ash, but probably not.

Sorry to hear that Gaz. I guess I was lucky... it get better as the night wore on last night... the dew problem went away after 1.5 hours, and the sky became much clearer. To the point that when I went to clear up the sky was crispy.

I spent most of last night loading up the van and the night started clear but hazy as it's been for the last few nights. By the time I was loading up the OTA's it had gone very clear :)

...but half an hour later it had clouded over...:D

James

Conditions here were frustrating last night as well, from dusk until 23:00 it was glorious but things quickly seemed to haze over. We noticed some very strange clouds drifting in from the north after midnight (usually weather drifts in from the south/SW here), we commented on the Icelandic eruption but it wasn't until this morning that we saw the news and realised that's probably what it was.

Archived