Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

sw e130mm has parabolic mirror?

cyroflame

hey all. untill now i have had my mind firmly set on buying the SW explorer 130p, because of the Para mirror. i was slightly inclined towards he 130pm however sources told me that the mount was not that great and that i should get 130p and upgrade motor later.

However!...................

I have recently heard that there may be another choice! "Apparently" the SW explorer WITH motor 130mm has a parabolic mirror?!?!?

if so, would it just be better to get the 130mm? as its cheaper, has a motor, longer FL and parabolic?

or is this all BS? lol

As far as I'm aware all Skywatcher reflectors have parabolic mirrors.

Thats my understanding also. SW use the same mirrors across all their models. Even if the scope model does not have a "P" in it.........its a given that the mirror is parabolic.

Is this the scope your are talking about? Reflectors - Skywatcher Explorer 130P SupaTrak AUTO

If so you should consider this 6 inch dobsonian Dobsonians - Skywatcher Skyliner 150P Dobsonian. It may not have tracking but it is cheaper and most importantly it has a larger mirror and a longer focul length. The longer focul length will be more forgiving on ep's and you can use longer focul length ep's to give higher magnification. For example a 12mm ep will give x100 rather than a 6.5mm in the 130p. Longer focul length ep's are uaually more comfortable to use due to the longer eye relief.

Archived