Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Adapter help needed.

I'm looking for a little extention tube to put on the end of my 2" to 1.25" adapter. The reason being is once I screw a filter onto the 2" end and insert an eyepiece it just touches the filter. So I have to keep the eyepiece slightly out of the adapter, but sometimes I forget.

So anyone know of one going cheap, or has one not being used, or any links to one.

Just to recap it must screw onto the 2" end of the 2" to 1.25" adapter and increase it by about 10mm.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why not use a parfocalising ring to keep the eyepiece from going too far in?

I thought parfocalising rings had no thread you simply secure with a grub screw to the barrel.

or a couple of "gash" 2" filter rings threaded together? I found 2" and 1" long 2" barallel extensions but guess they are too long...

Slightly to long Peter, looking at 10mm or there abouts.

Good idea Andrew but then John's strange looking adapter aint bad for £15 but would it work or would it change the focal distance as the eyepiece would be sticking out more.

Archived