Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Programmable Shutter Remote

Alestrom

Hi everyone, just a quick question - with a programmable intervalometer such as the ones on Ebay, how does this work with mirror lock-up? Can you set a set time between the mirror lock-up and then the actual shutter release as well as the exposure length etc? Specifically for Canon 1000D. Also if anyone can recommend one this would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

It works fine with mine (pic attached of Yongnuo model TC-80N3a, which I got for about 20 quid off Ebay) on my Canon 400D. I set the interval between images at 8 secs, camera to 'bulb' and 'mirror lock' and it automatically flips the mirror up 2-3 seconds before the exposure.

The settings on mine (for a series of 15 x 4 minute exposures) are:

Self-timer: 10 secs

Interval: 8 secs

Exposure: 4 mins

Exp. count: 15

I found that the important thing was to make sure the interval between exposures was long enough (I found 8 secs was OK) for it to 'think' about it and to have time for the mirror to go up, or whatever it is they do!

post-16549-133877437951_thumb.jpg

Yip, got one of those myself of Ebay, arrived from China in about 1-2 weeks, cost £20, invaluable piece of kit if you don't have a laptop connected nearby or don't want to leave it outside for the night exposed to the elements!

Archived