Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Series 500 Plossl eyepieces

enigma

I used them when I first got my scope. I got them from a seller on Ebay and I have to say they seemed very reasonable at the time. Not up to the same quality as a top notch EP but for a beginner they were certainly more than acceptable.

• 11 months later...
I found a review of J&T Telescope Series 500 Plossls that seem to be the same eyepieces:

CN Report: J&T Series 500 Plossls - CN Report

The conclusion of the review was that although viewing through the eyepieces was acceptable overall, they have rather restricted field of view.

Many thanks for posting that link. I was on the verge of buying a couple of these at what seemed a very reasonable price on e-bay, but the limited FOV particularly has made me reconsider. Think it'll be worth paying extra to get ep's that will not leave me wishing for wider FOV and better quality lenses.

• 3 years later...

Many thanks for posting that link. I was on the verge of buying a couple of these at what seemed a very reasonable price on e-bay, but the limited FOV particularly has made me reconsider. Think it'll be worth paying extra to get ep's that will not leave me wishing for wider FOV and better quality lenses.

I've got a Pl 4 mm, it works well, in practice it performs like many others of the same kind and more expensive. Then, it has an obsolete filter screw end (perhaps inherited by Jurassic style), a not perfectly circular field ring (difficult to notice due to the short eye relief when aimed at double stars) and no security ring on the barrel. Very good anyway for those who liked ancient Huygens and Ramsdens on f/7, f/8 and so on newtonians.

S. :hiding:

Archived