Straight through or right angled finder?

so right angles in the lead ;) what do you peeps think of the orion optics one from telescope house?

I've just got one (it's Orion USA rather than Orion Optics, the UK company). It's very nice but it's the same as the Skywatcher one, just a different colour. Mine is the corrected image version (RACI).

Right angled - did I say right angled? Sorry, I meant to SHOUT it. Having just been playing with an 11" SCT with a straight through, I have to say I didn't like it one little bit!

Yup...and if it's the EdgeHD Steve...I found it mucked up the optics as well

I have both and prefer the RA one (I have a small Orion USA 6x30 RACI) for my dob in conjunction with a telrad and a straight 9x50 OO UK on the refractor along with a rigel quickfinder. whichever scope or finder I use, I reckon the rigel/telrad are also essential to get to target areas quickly (for me anyhow). I will probably eventually replace the 6x30 RA with a 8 or 9x50 in due course - then worry about balance of the dob of course!

Archived