TMB or Vixen NLV Series Eyepieces

well i thought i finally made up my mind about some more EP's then i noticed that a few people are stocking Vixen NLV Series Eyepieces (not seen them before)

So back to the drawing board!!!! do you think these are are good? perform better than TMB or about the same?

Steve ;)

Vixen NLV are just the old LV but in fancy new clothing. The specs are still the same as the old eyepieces (45deg AFOV and 50deg AFOV), plenty of eye relief but with twist up eye cups.

Russ

Vixen NLV are just the old LV but in fancy new clothing. The specs are still the same as the old eyepieces (45deg AFOV and 50deg AFOV), plenty of eye relief but with twist up eye cups.

Russ

Are they good EP's? do they compare well or same as the TMB range?

I use a NLV. The image is sharp and contrasty and snaps into focus. I'm able to see lots of fine detail on Mars which is not apparent in a Plossl.

The 45 FOV isn't a problem for planetary viewing and the 20mm eye relief makes it comfortable to use.

Here is a timely review for you Steve:

Astromart Reviews - Vixen 5mm NLV: Made In Japan

Edit: Personally I reckon the 45 degree FoV of the NLV might feel a bit restrictive but that's just my viewpoint.

Thanks for the link after have a read of it last night, the TS / TMB are still the ones im going to go for, just the Vixen do look nice and shiney ;)

For what its worth.

I have a set of NLV, a set of LV and a full set of Baader Hyperions.

There is very little difference between the LV and the NLV apart from a a twist up Eye cup

But I do find that the Baader give better Eye relief

Archived