Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Google Streetview - post your dark site

iamjulian

Crikey Julian, we walk around that area all the time!! There be some Alpcas in the house beyond that B&B house!

Never thought of observing there - although I don't fancy that narrow lane up the hill at night - is there much traffic?

Great news that streetview is now national, because I remember passing the car a few months ago. Hold on... checking...

...YAY! Who's this sexy dude on his bike...? Could it be me on my way to work? Why yes it could:

Google Maps

hahaha, that's cool!!!! :p Great way to be photographed....

It's funny when you first see your house online.

First, you check that none of your underwear is on the washing line...

Second, you zoom in on the windows to see if you can see into your house...

After passing fits of hot indignant anger, you feel a twinge of curiosity and have a peek at your neighbour's house - why not go down the road and have a look at the rest of the street? - then - all the places you have lived before, to see how the new occupants have changed the houses...and before long, your feeling of privacy violation fades and you realise that this might be fun...............

It's OK - I am waiting for my flocking paint to dry....:headbang:

I was at home when the Google camera car stopped out side my home. As the car did a U-turn opposite my window I did something really childish and flipped the camera a bird. Unfortunatly the resolution on the street view is not enough to see if my little 1 finger salute was captured or not.

Cool- you can just see the roof of my house from the road:

Google Maps

And here's my suggestion for a nearby dark sky site- the car park of the Glaslyn Nature Reserve:

Google Maps

The car park is right by the lake in the photo- no passing traffic & no light pollution

Google Maps

Zoomed out !!

52.533563,-3.72502 - Google Maps

I'm sure they've got a team busy, airbrushing out any - er - 'inappropriate' behaviour by bystanders while the camera went by!

On a more serious note: does anyone's obsy (possibly giving a clue to valuable equipment within) appear on street view? Remember google could well have spawned a whole new generation of 'armchair burglars', who can now 'case a joint' merely with a flick of the mouse. A bit scary! Perhaps there are ways of getting google to remove sensitive stuff...

Archived