Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Markarians Chain... Just a short stack taster

Psychobilly

Still going - which is more than can be said for me... How did I used to be able to stay awake night after night with hardly any sleep ?

I don't like the star shapes in the corners though :headbang:

Guiding has been OSC Index 0.47 and RMS 0.46 over the duration of the capture ...

Anyway... 3 hours in and stacked so far so here's a BnW Inverted image to go Fuzzy Hunting...

Quarter Scale....

Markarians%20Chain%203h00m%20KS%20BnW%20Neg%20QS.jpg

Or...

Half Scale 1.1MB

Full Scale 6.8MB

I really should look at tweaking the spacing of the FF III :p

I'm trying to resist the draw of my Favourite Constellation which is Riising magnificently at the moment ... Hello old friend...

Peter...

Would that be a bird of the water variety, white in colour, yellowish beak ( my mate hates em and they hate him) ??

I've just noticed there is a scorpion on the rise with a glow ball in it

either summer is here or its been a long night

The one teaming with lovely red stuff... thats the one... Managed to stay on target tonight to get 44x450s for 5.5 hours although I might drop the last few frames as they are a bit light...

Just closed up the obs roof and grabbed 40 flats and 40 dark flats to add into the mix...

So makes over 400 "frames" for DSS to get its teeth into for the Monkey Head Nebula...

Peter...

That's a high osc and rms Peter

I had 0.26 and 0.17 last night with IC410

Still...fantastic result you have..

Cheers Nick... The "final" images are in another thread...

IIRC I read somewhere that an OSC of 0.5 was ideal.. Please Post your PHD Graph and Settings - IceInSpace

to me it goes against some of my ideas on classical control theory and in the past I have adjusted the PHD settings to get a lot lower OSC and smoother graphs......

In terms of the RMS..

The 500m f8 DSI IIC combo is giving about 3.48 arc sec per pixel

So that gives RMS guiding error of 1.6 arcsec?

The Canon 1000D on the Megrez72 with the FFIII is about 3.34 arc sec per pixel...

SO getting around 0.48 pixel variation on the 1000D

Thats if my understanding of the maths is correct...

This is from my heavily overloaded poorly PA'd CPC800.. whose Fork mount has to put up with all the abuse that I give it...

Peter...

That is a beautiful image. It really captures the depth of the chain trailing off into the Cosmos. A few more subs and you could call it the 'Psychobilly Ultra Deep Field'. Keep abusing your fork mount - it's obviously responding.

Archived