NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC 2174 (Sh-252) & NGC 2175 4h 40m

Psychobilly

Think there are no typos in the title this time...

Spent a night cloud dodging to add 18x450s worth of extra data to the 29x300s from last night.. want to add another 4 hours to this before I park it and move on to something else for the first target of the night each session...

So here it is (So Far....) 4h 40m

28x300s + 18x450s ISO 800 Baader BCF Modified 1000D

EL Flats, Dark Flats and Bias (no Darks yet)

Megrez 72 with FF III and Hutech IDAS P2 filter

Mounted on CPC800XLT guided Meade DSI IIc on 500mm f8 telephoto lens usign PHD Guide

Stacked in DSS Post Processed in CS3

Oh South up by the way....

NGC2174%202%20nights%204h40m.jpg

Just used first nights flats at the moment will do a proper job once I get all the data that I want...

Peter...

Now Fully "Calibrated"

46 Lights, 75 Darks, 75 Flats, 75 Dark Flats, & 45 Bias (37 for 300s and 38 for 450s)

Stacked with each nights Lights,Darks,Dark Flats in seperate groups and bias in the common group

NGC2175%202%20nights%204h40mV3%20QS.jpg

Another 2 clear night to get to 8-10 hours of lights would be nice...

Monkey head Nebula... although its "upside down" in the sky... so I have broken my rule about presenting images either N or E up...

NGC2174 (Sh-252) is the Nebula and NGC2175 is the open cluster... Still stretching it a bit more than I really want to at the moment but doubling the exposure time again should sort that out...

Hopefully I will have enough time left to head a little bit further NE for the Jelly as well this season although I am pushing it a bit......

Peter...

Thanks for the comments got another 2 hours of data so its up to 6h 40m but wont be able to grab the flats till the morning ... have doen a quick rough on the data but wont post it till I have tonights flasts to use with tonights lights ( i used last nights for the rough)

I spent an hour on the leo triplet whilst waiting for Markarians chain to be better placed and I am going to sit on that all night...

Caught a Meteor in one of the Leo triplet subs...

Peter...

Archived