Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New Webcam capture software

rwg

Might work if you can find an ASCOM driver for the DMK21 (or if it has a webcam style 'directshow' driver). I don't have one personally and don't know of anyone who has tried using one with Sharpcap, so you'll be discovering new things if you try :)

Robin

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Might work if you can find an ASCOM driver for the DMK21 (or if it has a webcam style 'directshow' driver). I don't have one personally and don't know of anyone who has tried using one with Sharpcap, so you'll be discovering new things if you try :) Robin
Hi Robin - newish to SGL and just discovered your brilliant SharpCap :)- works straight-from-the-can on my XP and cheapo Asdacam. It's much better for preview/ controls than Amcap's horrible menus. Will give 2nd modded Asdacam a go on scope when next clear sky - see Asdacam thread/pics on SGL Discussion - Cameras.

best

Nytecam

Ooops, just realised that this is the old thread come back from the grave... Please can people use the other thread :

http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-discussion/112757-sharpcap-free-astro-webcam-capture-software.html

Mods, any chance of locking this one?

cheers,

Robin

I refer the honourable forum members to the new SharpCap thread - please continue the discussion there :)

but in swift reply

* glad it works nicely with the asdacam :)

* Missing controls on the right hand side are down to driver developers not implementing IAmCameraControl and IAmVideoProcAmp properly (or at all). I managed to work around this for the SPC900 as it was so popular, but it took me weeks - can't do that for every camera.

* As far as I know SharpCap should work fine on Windows XP - you may need to isnstall the Microsoft .NET framework (v2) first. If still having problems, please post the full error message you receive.

Robin

Archived