Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Widefield M31, Andromeda galaxy

There's potential there for this to work out as a very good image, putting M31 in context. You need a lot more subs though. Also, there's quite a gradient running across it from the lower left. GradientXterminator will deal with that nicely.

Cheers,

Sorry think my last entry sounded a bit rude. Was not meant to be.

Well I would of made a load more subs but the clouds rolled in. I shall have another go sometime soon, proving its clear early in the night to get M31 in view.

I was rather impressed with it to be honest, using the standard lens, fully zoomed in, only took 4 images, the tracking on my mount was great so stayed with stuff for ages.

Need to get a remote shutter release for it then I can go past 60 seconds.

Don't know if you know but does the official Canon RC-1 remote have a switch holder on it, i.e. on manual remotes (those with a cable) then you can press the shutter release then lock it into place and it will expose for however long you want, so you can go off and make a cup of tea etc!

Does the Canon infra-red remote have this feature or do you have to hold the shutter release button down for the exposing duration?

Archived