Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Working driver set for the QHY5

NickH

By comparison, in less time than it's taken me to write this (sic) the DMK 21AU04.AS is now configured and running on all 4 USB ports on my laptop, the drivers installed and the capture software setup and running. Same is true of the Atik, Lumenera etc etc

Go figure

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HI All

This is my 1st post..though I have been on cloudy nights for a few years.

Thought i would join this forum as I have read quite a few helpful hints here and also got my Megrez 72 from First Light Optics who gave me good service.

Anyway, I felt I had to post my reply to this as it has also made me mad re the drivers for the QHY 5

When I bought it new I got the sheet of A4 paper saying download the drivers from modern astronomy .com...which I did and it worked fine for PHD which I bought it for. and has done for a year or so.

However today I thought I'd try it in QGVideo with a view to trying some Lunar imaging.

I started it up to practise on terrestial stuff and couldn't get any sign of it working...PHD was still ok

I thought I would try for another driver and that's where it all went pear shaped:mad:

modern astronomy directed me to astrosoft.be where it is very had to understand which driver to use. I must have downloaded the wrong one because then NOTHING worked!.

I tried uninstalling and re installing various drivers but to no avail.

I then came across this thread....used the uninstall tool at astrosoft.be ...then installed the driver linked by ADAMSP123 above...(the '1028' driver) and ...EXCELLENT it worked!!!

PHD AND QGVideo both working fine.:)

So a big thanks to Adamsp123 and Merlin and any others involved in posting it here....I have it permanently saved now...

What a lot of pi**ing about!.....I agree that there should be a proper website with proper drivers and easy navigation for the QHY5 by now...it's been out long enough.. and is sold by many UK shops.

I makes me think twice about buying any more QHY products.. much as I would like a QHY8

Tom

(sorry for the long first post:o)

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to hear of the confusion.

QHY cameras in the UK are now, and have been for a while, shipped with a CD containing drivers and other relevant software - to specifically avoid these issues and provide a reference.

If anyone needs updated drivers for their cameras please let me know.

bern

Is that via you Bern or generic? as others are still having issues?

I know you provide first class support

Why thank you Nick

The driver set is assembled and tested by me, and shipped with the camera.

There are thousands of QHY5s out there so there'll always be issues due to the number of different computers, all with different mixes of OS and software; and of course user error.

The drivers have also evolved to an ASCOM based system and responded to changes in OS, causing some confusion.

Having said all that, QHY as a young company didn’t handle the driver situation as well as they could.

bern

• 10 months later...

I'm having a similar problem and would appreciate a Win 7 64 bit CMOSDLL.DLL if someone has it. PHD & QGVideo all work fine with the drivers I have installed just can't get EQAlign to pick up the camera even after copying the PHD CMOSDLL.DLL into the EQAlign folder.

Thanks Martin, I'll give those a try. If they worked on Vista maybe they will on Win7 64.

Do you use PHD and/or QGVideo? Seems strange that the drivers I'm currently using work fine for PHD & QGvideo but not EQAlign. Did those drivers work across all three applications? My QHY5 is connected via USB2 to the notebook but doesn't get listed in Windows as an imaging device does yours? The only settings I see in EQAlign for camera selection are:

EQAlignSettings2.png

EQAlignSettings.jpg

If I select ASCOM then when I click Next it brings up the ASCOM Telescope chooser as opposed to the camera chooser. Is that the same for you?

Scratch that, problem solved. I had installed EQAlign version 2.0.4 which is the version you get from SourceForge. There is a 2.3.6 beta available here. Picked up the QHY5 first time. PHD, QGVideo all working with the camera ok.

Scratch that, problem solved. I had installed EQAlign version 2.0.4 which is the version you get from SourceForge. There is a 2.3.6 beta available here. Picked up the QHY5 first time. PHD, QGVideo all working with the camera ok.

I copied the CMOSDLL.DLL from PHD and stuck it in to EQalign - job sorted!

From their Wiki forum "for capturing QHY5, you must copy CMOSDLL.DLL library into EQAlign folder. We apologize for that, but we have not permision to include it into installer."

Archived