Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Loads of activity 19th Feb

Helen

Just been out for a quick look between clouds and there is a lot of activity again :eek:

There are 2 huge proms and some nice smaller ones too, and a few active areas. Well worth a look!

If it clears again I'll try and get some more pics

Helen

OK, I've posted some shots http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-lunar-solar/97692-some-solar-activity-19-feb-2010-a.html#post1380868. They don't really show the full majesty of the proms though...

I'm still hoping the sun will reappear (its stopped snowing now) as the builder on next door's roof has been showing a bit of interest!

Helen

Today the proms look even better.

The one heading over the edge has its 'smoke' blowing back over the suns surface just like a chimney smoke in the wind.

Another filament is bent like a sun dial and a shadow. For a minute - being stupid I forgot I nam looking at the sun and wondered where the light to make the shadow was from.

Now the cloud is in - so the eyeball can recover.

Archived