Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Anyone From the US?????????

sidewinder

I'm sure we have a few US members Jon. They will no doubt make themselves known to you.You would be fortunate if one resided close to you though. I don't know of anyone in Virginia.

The USA is a huge country, and must have thousands of Amateur Astronomers. Perhaps you could make inquiries locally, to see if there is perhaps an Amateur Astronomy Society nearby. They would surely welcome you as a member, your wife too.

That would be a big step to advancing your knowledge in different areas of Astronomy.

Worth a shot I'd say.

Ron.:eek:

Hi Jon,

I'm in the NJ/NYC area. Where in VA are you from? I just got back into astronomy. I'm using a Celestron 8SE. I have yet to really take it out and give it a go. The weather has been bad here with all the snow storms. So far I've just viewed a Mars and the Moon from my balcony. I live 10 miles from NYC so not the best conditions. Good to know someone from the US on SGL.

Clear Skies,

[removed word] countries, states, cities, towns, villages.....

The only thing that matters is people.

My location is Somewhere between 40°N and 60°N.

It's not that I'm a hemisphere bigot it's just that within those same degrees in the Southern Hemishpere there's just not as much land you can stand on to observe from. :-)

Archived