Hello to all, from a newbie to all this better late than never

23johnw

Hello all i've been intrested in space for years now and never did anything about it (to busy being [removed word] i think). now i'm older i decided to get of my **** and do somthing i find interesting. (the wife does not agree with me though). i need help in all aspects of getting involved in this, all feed back is very welcome. i've brought a magazine "Astronomy Now" feb 2010, i've also joined this site (Duh). and looking to go to bristol at the weekend to talk to a man in a shop about telescopes.

thanks

john

Welcome to SGL John - As SteveP says - take you time and "read all about it" first - it is too easy to get carried away and buy something you will quickly be dissapointed with. That doesn't mean what you see in the catalogues and adverts is no good, just that you need to decide on the best you can get for your budget and your own ideas as to what you will want to look at and what sort of site you have to observe from.

Set a budget, post it here and we will readily spend it for you!!!!!

thanks you all for all the warm welcome. i am looking to spend about £300-£400 on a telescope. would like to get a computerized one to make it easy to find thing's, if this is possible but again i don't know much about them to know what to buy.

cheers

johnw

Archived