Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi from Southend on sea

Postie

Hi,

I was given a 3" refractor a while back. The previous owner was dissapointed with what he could see, his discription of Jupiter was ' it's only a white blob with some dots round it.' Me, I thought it was great, one night I managed to see one of the bands for a second and was delighted.

So now I am the owner of a SW 200P, the first time I used it I was fustrated with the motorised tracking, I polarised the mount, trained it on Mars and watched, within a few seconds the image was gone, I spent hours trying to work this out, spending ages online looking for info on setting the mount, going through instructions bla bla bla...eventually I found that the power leads into the motors were plugged into the wrong sockets.:) I checked this with the manual, which I found was wrong. Got Mars back in the centre and there it stayed. phew!!

One evening wasted....Can't wait for the next clear night to find out what this scope is like.

Thanks for all the welcomes,

Dave, I'd love to come along to your club, I have been reading about it and it looks like a great place to be, I live in Eastwood just off the 127...Its great to know there is a club right on my door step.

Archived