Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Another Salisbury Stargazer

Barry

Hello

I've been looking at the threads for a while and thought I ought to join in and introduce myself.

Although I have been interested in astronomy since I was a child (more years ago than I care to recall) I have only recently taken it more seriously. I have recently obtained a 6" SW reflector and a 4" refractor and I am amazed how little I know about the sky. On the bright side I did manage to connect my camera to the refractor in my garden to get some nice moon pics this week.

In the months to come I hope to be able to view and image DSOs under the dark skies of Salisbury Plain. However, I have found it really difficult to find somewhere to set up locally.

I am looking forward to learning from you all and making up for lost time.

Barry

Welcome Barry.

I managed to get to my first group session with the Salisbury Plain Observing Group last night.

They make you feel very welcome.

Look forward to meeting you at future sessions.

PS It's a nice pint in the Rose and Crown too!!

Hi Barry

A warm welcome to SGL ... and congratulations with your recent purchases

A couple of ways to learn more about the skies might be

...download Stellarium onto your pc - it's a very good planetarium system. And it's free

... get a copy of Turn Left at Orion - it's a great book identifying what you can see throughout the seasons. Unfortunately it isn't free!

Steve

Archived