Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

DSLR Camera Connection ring

Jupiter Martin

I now see what you mean. the skywatcher tube rings are sold in pairs and one of the rings is equiped with a 1/4"-20 camera tripod thread to mount your camera on.

Measure the diameter of your telescope first to check there is a suitable size ring. Also remember that if you are planning on doing any long exposure photography using your Meade DS2090 to keep the length of the exposures short to avoid star trails forming.

Peter

They come in pairs... but there's no reason that you couldn't get a set of rings and a medium dovetail and mount that to your AltAz mount Martin... Although if you're wanting to mount a camera on the mount with a lens on it, you might do better to mount the camera directly to the dovetail and fit that on the mount. It'll help with weight and balance.

I did mount my old Z2 piggy back on my Celestron SLT, but that's much much lighter than an SLR.

Archived