Skywatcher 100 ED

Rob

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know your into the imaging side (that I know [removed word] all about!), but the 127 Mak and the 100ED strike me as being a bit 'samey'. I know you get the FOV with the refractor but other than that the views will be similar I'd guess.

The 150 Mak and the 80ED give you two scopes with very different strenghts, as a pair I think they'd complement each other better than the other setup (and you could sell your Newt as the Mak would handle the deep sky)

Gaz

I'm not really sure TBH Rob, I never actually owned an EQ3 - my first scope this time round was an EQ5.

I did a deal with James and another guy a couple of years ago which involved James buying my EQ5, and in return he paid me some cash and an EQ3, I then mounted a 6" scope on the EQ3 and sold it to the other guy. I do remember having to buy a couple of bits to get everything to fit but I can't work out how I ended up with the dove tail.

I'm starting to doubr myself now... I saw it last night I'll have another check and make sure that it is actually an EQ3 dovetail.

Ant

Archived