Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ROR Shed Obsy

adamsp123

I have been given permission by my landlord to get rid of the unused greenhouse in my garden and put up a ROR shed obsy.

So I am probably looking for a 6x8 ft off the shelf shed, so can anyone recommend one that lends itself to a bit of modding to add the roll off roof, or just as importantly ones to avoid.

My other option is to make something up with some help from a friend who has every known tool to mankind.

Cheers

Thanks for the posts, I was thinking along the lines of getting a Billy Oh 6x6 or 8x6 tongue and grove - http://www.gardenbuildingsdirect.co.uk/Wooden-Sheds/BillyOh-Value-8-x-6-Tongue-and-Groove-Apex, the advantage for me is the low eaves height, I do however already have a good size shed which will be next to it with all the control/computer and other stuff, so I only need to house the mount and scopes.

I am going to get out this weekend and do some line of sight tests and see if a 6x6 would be ok.

BTW I do like the idea of a roll up roof!

ONE of the problems with "off the shelf" sheds is the flimsy wall bearers. The strength of a normal shed lies in the fact that the roof is securely attached to the walls. The sheds in that link wouldn't be able to tolerate the roof being rolled off.

If you do go down the wooden shed route, I suggest that you go and have a chat with a shed builder/supplier and mention what it is you want to do. This is what I did and I got a very sturdy 8 x 6 apex shed. The down side is that it will cost more, but you really do get what you pay for.

(Mine cost £400)

Steve

Hi Pete, You mention the height of the eaves of a metal shed? They appear to be quite low (at least my yardmaster did when I was selecting sheds) however you need to watch out for things like weatherboards and framing - on my design these add nearly six inches to the height of the walls! Also the base adds at least an inch as well. The designers seem to measure the height of the wall PANEL not the overall assembled height - at least thats how mine measured when I put a tape to it.

Hope this helps.

Archived