Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Celestron CG5-GT

mmmmm, from memory I thought there should have been a screw in there so I went looking on the web for the improvment guide I used when I regreased mine, here's the link..... Deep Sky Eye Observatory If you look at the guide then you will see that it is the slot for the dec drive motor adjustment screw and it therefor should be there.

Unless, Celestron have changed the design slightly since mine was made, but I doubt that.

Hope that helps mate.

Gary

Could others check their mounts for this?

Mine is the same as this - it would appear the hole is superfluous as the drive housing below has no penetrations to accept a stud.

Cornelius, I think may have hit it on the head perhaps it is probbaly intended for a different mount version/configuration.

This is standard, were on about the hole on the right aren't we ! This is where the dec axis motor get screwed onto, it's the same as an EQ5 mount. The screw usually get included when you by either a Goto/Dual Motor upgrade.

Cheers

Nadeem.

I had the goto version and that is where the dec motor was mounted / adjusted. From the pic above, the mount that starscy has is a goto version as well. I am not sure how the motor is held in place on his mount.

As I said earlier, it might be that Celestron have changed the design but how they are mounting the motor is a mystery.

Having said that, if the mount is working OK starscy then I wouldn't worry about it mate.

Gary

Archived