Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

m45 5hours worth of data

astrokat

had another crack at this one though when processing i still cant get over them stupid halos no matter how carefull i am with curves some one please help also my black point i dont seam to get a gap there is always a thin line to the end so tryed moving the gray point !!! iso 800 3.20 min subs plus 5 darks

[ATTACH]30970[/ATTACH]

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I eventually managed to get the Tiff down this morning

There is more detail hiding away in the data but I am suprised at the how much stretching I had to do to try and drag it out...at 5 hours there should have been a lot more to work with.

This is a quick and dirty process just to see what was there so there are now dark halos around the brighter stars ....

post-14969-13387741905_thumb.jpg

I have Pm'd you some links to images with a lot less than 5 hours worth of data for comaprison.

Billy...

thanks guys i think i got some ok data though pulling it outs a pain in the *** i added the star spike on ps hears another go i cant seem to sort out the background though can any one explaine how or what is doing this

i would like to give a very big thank you to billy what a guy i feel im really starting to understand how to process images now

[ATTACH]31011[/ATTACH

thanks toby

Hi

You seem to having a few problems with the background and the colour balance :)

As always the way to get the best from your image is to remove all the background gradients :)

This can be done with programs like grad x or DBE in Pixinsight .

I see mr billy has the tiff for this image , is this something I can see

Harry

Well looks like the Guys at Pleiades Astro have removed the download Pixinsight LE... I guess they decided it was stopping people buying the full blown version...

You can still get the 30 day trail of the first version...

Yes Mr billy did have the TIff and I am sure Astrokat will post you the link... You might have to wait until the mornign to download it from rapidshare though unless you pay...

I just wanted a look at the Raw tiff out of DSS as 5 hours data should have yeilded far more...

Billy...

So long folks...

martin after seeing your web sight your streching of histogram was very helpful thank you i down loaded the grad xterminator i have been in formed to use early on also i had data befor this lot so stacking all 7h30min would anyone like me to post a link for tiff

toby

I'm not exactly a big expert on this yet, but I think sub lengths are playing a part in the lack of detail from 5 hours of imaging here. 3.2 minute subs seem quite short to me for this target. I was using 10 and 15 minute subs on it and would have liked to use longer if I could. IMHO I think that even 7 or 8 minute subs would have revealed more detail.

Are you guiding? If so I'd definately go for longer subs. If not I can understand the short subs.

Regards

John

Hi

We could fill a hole year on sub lengths, but I would not do very long subs with stars this bright in a image , things would saturate very quickly :) I personally went for 5 min subs on M45 and the result is here http://www.harrysastroshed.com/Image%20html/m45eq120.html

And at the most I go 10 min subs , a good trade of for signal verses risk

Harry

Ok

If we are being fussy there are two colour problems

1) the background is not neutral

2) Image has a slight green cast

In pixinsight there is a tool called SCNR that would do it and also a background neutralization tool

If In Photoshop you have got to try and balance the colour histogram, they should be similar sizes and in the same position

Harry

Archived