SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Some philosophy...

FLO

Hi all,

I came across the following in an eyepiece review by Mike Allen (written about 2 years ago for the Cloudy Nights website: http://www.cloudynights.com/item.php?item_id=321) and thought I’d share it with you:

I’d like to offer a personal note of caution. It is not necessary to spend a lot of money to enjoy the night sky. I’ve been observing for almost 40 years now. It has taken me that long to get up enough nerve to buy super-duper eyepieces like Pentax. Newcomers to amateur astronomy tend to want everything “right now”. But the universe doesn’t care how impatient you are. She doesn’t even care how much you spend. The amateur who stands outside night after night with binoculars, or a small telescope and star atlas will be rewarded. A new guy or gal with an attitude who spends a fortune on the biggest and best of everything will soon burn out, and be deemed unworthy. Ken Fulton says it best in his book, The Light-Hearted Astronomer, “You see, you must approach the universe on your knees. She demands humility, respects perseverance, and abhors being taken for granted”. 

Steve :)

And how true???

How many times have I've seen websites with owners that are extremely rich with the most amazing equipment... and what do they do? they turn out Rubbish images... or certainly no better than mine.

This is because you can't buy experience.

Ant

Archived