NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Cheshire Cat Asterism

Found it, took me about 5 seconds....but i do happen to know very well were M38 is. Numerous times i saw M38 but my brain never formed that asterism. Once you see it it actually very obvious!

I saw in my 10x60 (wich is more a 10x53) but better in my 15x70. Transparancy is not good tonight (very cold too)

Nice asterism

Notice also Mel31, people, just right of it, about 6 bright stars. Easy, also in small binoculars. Well, Mel 31 more then those 6 bright ones but those just jump out.

And just under Mel 31 you have NGC 1893, probably better seen in bigger bino's on evenings with good transparency.

So there you have it, about right M38, in the middle the Cheshire cat and right Mel 31!

That big smileyface always reminds me of my son when he was little. He was out playing and lost his front tooth (natural, not an accident) and came inside grinning ear to ear, knowing the Tooth Fairy would be visiting that night. The smileyface even has a patch of dirt on its cheek. :) :)

post-13732-133877419169_thumb.jpg

Archived