Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Over 150 milino light years.

mdstuart

Out again tonight. V Cold!

Managed to pick two very faint ones out tonight.

First was NGC 976..This was really tough but eventually with the 6mm Ortho a faint blob of light was visible with averted vision. Checked I had seen it against the image on the WWT..This one id mag 13.3 sbr 13.8 and described as vF so I am pleased to have picked it out. Seems to be 195 million light years away and is in Aries.

So back to one I failed on in the past NGC 877. Armed with detailed charts I manged to pick up a mag 13 star which should be next to the galaxy. Again only patience averted vision and repeated views brought what I thought was this one in to view. Again checking it on the WWT image indicated I had seen it correctly. This one is 178 million light years away and has a sbr of 14.0. Its described as pF but its vvF in my opinion..

Then I thought I saw another galaxy, no its the reflection from the bathroom light...Joshua is having a shower...so time to go in...

I hope you all have some luckk finding objects out there!

Mark

Archived