Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Need a dark place outside of Sunderland for imaging

Hi ppl, :hello2: I am looking for an unlit carpark to set my imaging gear up outside of Sunderland, I don't want to travel more than 40miles to it and don't want it next to a major road, somewhere off the beaten track.

Iv'e looked around, even travelled to a few places to check them out, but its either on a country road layby where the suface is mud or very uneven with trees right next to it, or on a bank. Im'e sure a few of you must have looked around.

Iv'e been looking on the need-less light polution map and there's a few places south west, past the durham area which look good and seem to have good darkish sky's however Iv'e never been down that area as I always went to the haltwistle area but its a bit far and I would rather spend the extra money on a eyepiece instead of petrol.

Thanks in advance

Hey thanks Jarralad, managed to find a place close to the place you sent me, its also got a good place to park and close to a good road.

I will have a drive over when the weather breaks and see what its like, but looks good.

54°49'30.75"N 1°51'59.78"W have a look see what you think..

Colin

I fully agree with Arthur.

Don't mess around, the Sunderland society have done all the hard work for you.

Go on the link Jarralad posted, click on contacts and you'll find Four of the most helpful people you are likely to meet in the Astro game. They also organise the Kielder Spring Starcamp. Not to be missed.

I've been to Derwent and it's a good spot. Even better with a few others. ( Mind you it was snowing at the time ! )

Dave

Lo Colin

What the others said. :mad:

I'm one of the ugly mugs on the contacts page, :) honest We are a friendly bunch. :)

There's a meeting at 7pm on Sunday at the wetlands if You want to meet the rest of the gang including Ken (jarralad).

Thank You Arthur and Dave for the glowing endorsement.

Archived