NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

my new dob

I've just ordered my very first telescope a skylinner 300p from rvo and im so excited, i just need to tell the wife now, she is going to go mental lol. Maybe the 10inch would have been anough but i probably would have had kicked myself in the long run, so i bit the bullet and got the larger scope. I just want to thank all you fellow stargazers for the help you have given me on buying a telescope, i would have been lost without you. Thank you

You'll love it and have made the right choice. A 12 inch is a serious scope which will make deep sky objects shine. It will be a keeper. Have you worked out a dark site from which to make the most of it and got yourself some starcharts? I like SkyMap 2000 because it is big and clear.

Have fun. The high end eyepieces you will start to want will be much easier to smuggle into the house undetected...

Olly

If you can manage the weight and bulk and have reasonable viewing conditions to do it justice, a 12" dobsonian is a terrific scope to have with serious viewing potential. Congratulations !.

Personally my 12" Lightbridge proved a bit too much for me so was not getting used as much as it deserved. I've now downsixed to a lightweight 10".

John

Archived