SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

First Rosette this winter

R Fisher

First time I have posted on this forum, been viewing and picking up tips for some time.

Have has some good clear eveninings over the past week, managed to capture my best image of Rosette to date. Imaged using a Atik 4000 Mono and Ha, HB, OIII filters. Ha was bin1 500S subs. Love the detail it is possible to capture in this object.

Imaged from Cumbria UK

Thanks for looking

post-18116-133877416589_thumb.jpg

That is about one of the best images i have seen of this stunning object (one of my favourite objects although i have only ever seen it in images. I have seen the central stars in my 90mm scope though. Hope i may see more with my new 5" scope).

The colours,sharpness,detail.................

Absolute blinder of an image.

Well done and thanks for posting it.

Thanks for the encouraging comments,

Its one of the objects that non stargazers find very interesting also,

took a print of this to work today.

The image was taken using a WO Megrez 90 with a focal reducer, mount was EQ6Pro guided with a DSI II (my first astro camera).

The Ha was 6 * 500S subs bin1, Hb and OIII were 6 * 300S bin2 (also took Ha Bin2 but didnt use).

Tried all mapping combinations but ended up with L & R - Ha, G - Hb and B - OIII. The OIII was quite strong and the corresponding blue channel seemed to give better colour contrast overall with reasonable star colour (although still quite blue). Processed in MDL5

ps Was pleased to see that the attachment image gives a good rendition of the full size version

Cheers

Archived