Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Help Again Please :S

Just me again with a total newb question :D

I have just received my new telescope :) but I am just checking its the right one.....

We ordered the Skywatcher Explorer 130P (the one with the parabolic mirror), but on the box it says Skywatcher SKP13065EQ2 Aspherical mirror, so I just want to know if this is the correct scope??

I have googled around, but can't find any help anywhere :D.

Sorry for the total newb question, but we all start somewhere don't we?

I don't know for sure but the P in SKP may indicate Parabolic. I think these are f5. They are the shorter tube but as you haven't got the other one to put along side it, we're no better off. As ( my ) theory has it, the tube length should be about 630/640 mm.

A quick phone call or email should sort it.

Dave.

I think that is the correct scope - the international Skywatcher links list a 130mm F/5 650mm focal length newtonian reflector with a parabolic main mirror against that model number so I reckon it's the one you ordered.

John

Oops, I have just discovered that if I had opened up the box and looked at the tube that there is a sticker on it confirming that the scope we have received is indeed the 130P as ordered.

Just gutted that the motor we ordered is faulty and I won't receive the replacement for it until January. :D

Clear skies!!

Richard.

In what way is it faulty ?

I inserted all of the batteries (brand new and tried 2 different sets) but nothing happened.

Upon closer inspection it appears as if one of the battery contact points has corroded so therefore no good contact is being made, also there are 3 wires, a black, blue and red, and it appears that the red wire is faulty (appears to have been cut or something).

Archived