Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC443 Jellyfish nebula OIII added

GordonH

Hi all

I took an image of IC443 in Ha a couple of weeks ago with the FSQ106 and H36 combination, I managed to get 4 hours of OIII data on Friday night. It is 12x20 minutes guided on the Paramount ME. I am having some problems with weight distribution at the moment as the FSQ sits on top of the BRC-250 and may be causing some flexure issues leading to star trailing. I will probably have to alter the arrangement of the scopes and take the BRC-250 off when not being used. I was uncertain as to how to combine the Ha and OIII data as I have seen many different combinations regarding HaOIIIOIII for RGB, creating a synthetic green channel, creating a pseudo Hb channel from the Ha and OIII data and so forth. I am still experimenting but settled on 20% Ha added to OIII for the green channel and Ha for red and OIII for blue. I am hoping to add some SII to this when the weather clears again but for now have to be grateful for any clear weather. The Ha version can be seen on an earlier thread here or on my website Imaging The Heavens - Home Page

Thanks for looking

Best wishes

Gordon

post-13589-133877415809_thumb.jpg

i cant seem to pinpoint this nebula on stellarium, could anybody please let me know how to find it?

Fantastic image by the way :D

Thanks

Mark.

Hi Mark

I suspect that Stellarium is a bit limited in its facilities, IC443 is in the constellation Gemini situated between the stars Mu and Eta Geminorum, if you google it I am sure you will find a website that shows you a map of the constellation showing its actual position

Best wishes

Gordon

• 2 weeks later...

Archived