NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

I'm fed up

Pip

I'm starting to get withdrawal symptoms. Not been able to get out with a scope for months what with one thing or another.:icon_eek::(:hello2::(

First is the weather, I think I feel like a wet rag most of the time

Secondly I put my back out which meant I couldn't get the gear outside and if I could I couldn't sit/stand for more than 5mins at a time

Thirdly I haven't been able to wear anything but an open sandal for the last couple of weeks due to a minor foot op and there's no way I'm going to let that get cold (too painful).

I really hope I can get in some shoes/boots soon and my Xmas pressie to myself will be to get a look down a tube

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Pip

Pip,

First of all, I am sorry to read of your condition, and hope you have a speedy recovery. :hello2: Your doctor should have prescribed you an online subscription to large telescope usage...positivity does aid recovery!! :icon_eek: Oooh, you don't want the cold to get to your feet, you'll regret it...

As for getting outside to observe, I think most of us are feeling it. Since I have taken up astronomy more seriously this year, it has astonished me how many cloudy nights we get in the UK, I always thought it was clearer more often! I wonder if anyone ever remembers a vintage year for observing?

Realistically it is difficult to be out every night observing, but it would be nice to be able to choose a night, instead of dropping all non-astro plans when a clear night comes! After a while I have learned the art of patience, if that one-in-three-month clear-nighter comes, and the neighbour's outdoor lights are on, the traffic busy or the seeing abysmal, I just sigh, pack up and wait for the next one.

There is a saying somewhere that the best things comes to those who wait.....:mad:

Really hope you make a full recovery soon, Pip :hello2:

I think everyone on this forum can sympathise with the lack of scope time :p it is a 'symptom' of astronomy, it seems. But... when the night comes... it'll all be worth it :mad: SP is right, good things do come to those who wait. Just spend your time swotting up on astro stuff and planning the next objects you want to hunt down :icon_eek: If you fancy killing some time on SGL, The Lounge subforum is always a good place to go, plenty of interesting/funny threads in there to pass the time ;)

I haven't been out with my scope since October. It is hard, but I just hope there's a nice clear night over xmas - I'll be doing an all nighter :(

Get well soon!!:(

Thanks for the comments and the big group hug.:hello2:

What with all thats gone on the last time I had a look through any scope was June when I was on my hols in Greece. No problem with clear skies there.:icon_eek:

I'm hoping for some clear nights over Xmas and being able to possibly get into my snow boots in the next couple of weeks. All being well when I'm off work and get a good few hours in. It will depend on the effect of the cold on the foot.

I will be ever hopefull:blob1:

Pip

Yeah, terrible weather. Last observing in the field was in september after that some 'peeks' mostly though binoculars. I ordered a Helios 22x85 that is on it's way but if the weather stays like that it will not be of much use, will it?

Pip, hope youre foot heals quick...and that the weather may clear please!

Archived