NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Another Kelling clearout - NGC5907

Tim

After the masses had gone, there were just a few of us gathering around a 20" Obsession, courtesy of Andrew. That guy can really rattle around the sky, and seemed to find all these faint fuzzies with ease.

NGC5907 is pretty impressive in the large scope, you can see the dust lanes in this nice edge on galaxy. It is mag 10.4, and can be found in the constellation of Draco, not too far from the Draco triplet, although it is not part of the triplet. There are loads of fuzzies in the area and a wider shot to include this and the triplet should capture many of them, might have a go at that sometime.

I took this sequence as Draco was setting, after seeing it visually. It is just 5 x 4 mins Luminance only with SX-H9 on a Skywatcher Mak-newt 190. I hope to come back and spend some time on this one in a couple of months, if it ever stops raining.

Thanks for looking.

TJ

post-14037-133877413073_thumb.jpg

It's almost as if you posted this as an afterthought TJ.

I hope not, as it is a splendid lovely to the eye edge on spiral.

You might not have fed it the amount of data you'd like, but it looks excellent to me. Guiding is flawless, no matter how short the durations.

Ron.:icon_eek:

I just found that I'd done the same 20 mins as 2 x 10 mins with the QHY8 on my WO72.

So here is that shot, warts and all, but it does show the galaxy in its context, as well as some of the fuzzies around it.

Also, I have taken the colour from it and overlaid it on the shot above to give an idea at least of colour. I dont suppose it's too bad a use of 20 mins Ron :icon_eek:

Another testament to the ability of Registar to put two completely different scale of pics together.

post-14037-133877413121_thumb.jpg

post-14037-13387741313_thumb.jpg

Here you go Cat.

RegiStar Home Page

Play around with the trial version. It really comes into its own when working with two different cameras, images at varying scales, and mono/narrowband images.

Tony, thats a hefty crop too, the qhy8 on the WO72 has pretty awful star shapes towards the edge, even with the flattener. I might have gotten the spacing wrong for it that night.

:icon_eek: It looks that there is slight difference between WO 72 and SW 190. :hello2:

I always like to see images from SW 190! Especially when they are so good like this one! SW 190 was my goal for long time, but gave up because of the portability :mad: It needs EQ6, both are too much when I have to go out of the town for every imaging session...

Archived