NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

New scope at Stone Haven

My brother in law is unloading his 10" F/5.6 equatorial mounted scope on me. Seems he's been sacked, along with my sister, in a cost saving move for the company and has decided to leave the hobby. I don't know much else about the scope, except it's hand made. Could be an improvement for the dome. They'll be dropping it off on Saturday.

They've been expecting this move for some time with their jobs, so they've agreed to take early retirement, so there's no need to worry about them. Thanks. I'll fill you in on the scope once it arrives.

Hope they get the time to pop by to your place and play with the toys, now that they're retired. Shame that so many people don't get the option of choosing their time to retire.

I'd keep it in good condition Astro, as he may ask for it back. Could be a reaction to being sacked that he chucks all his toys away - just an observation - been there done that.

There's some bad news about this week and that's a fact!

Captain Chaos

Someone drops off a 10" Newt and you "don't pay that much attention" :) :) :)

No, no, no. I've seen this scope before, but didn't have time to really look at it. I'll be doing lots of that this weekend. 8)

CC: I've already told him I'll be using the glass as a prototype for the 16" Split ring. I can learn more by building one than just planning it. SHould be great. Still, I will be keeping the old stuff around, just in case. :?

Oooooooh yummy

That looks a mother of a scope to spend some quality time on AM 8)

Every cloud has a silver lining as they say.

Keep us informed as to what happens to it.

A long and happy retirement to your sister and her husband :)

Mounted a finder scope on it and did a quick collimation before bed last night. Had a quick peak at Jupiter. OMG! This has some nice glass in it. Jupiter was CRISP, even before twilight and out of collimation. When it got a little darker and after collimation, Jupiter was stunning. All kinds of detail in the cloud bands. You could easily tell the difference in albedo of the moons and some nice sharp points of stars in the same field, too. This could be nice.

I have to check out the drive still, and polar align the mount. The thing barely fits in the dome. Unreal. :)

Archived