Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

what eye pieces

musherrob

Hi All...Having the eypieces that are shown opposite (the 25 mm Plossl seems a good un)can some of you folk reccomend some middle of the road makes and costs that won,t make my wife pick-up a throwable object!!.I take it from knowledge gained up to know that some ep,s give a good field of view rather than a sweet spot in the middle.I wear specs for reading but but viewing with the naked eye is not a problem.Thanks All

Does your draw tube on the focuser have a pinch screw to hold the eyepieces in place? Or has it a cut out spring collar that clasps around the eyepieces?

If it's the latter your EPs are slightly larger than 1.25" and you wont get any new ones that will fit your current focuser....

It's worth looking out for second hand Meade Series 4000 Plossls.

These seem to go for about £15 - £20 a pop and there always seems to be quite a few available on EBay. I have read that its because Meade supply them with their higher end scopes, but if you can afford their higher end scopes you will be able to afford higher end eyepieces, so people offload them when they get the chance.

Regards

Richard

Does your draw tube on the focuser have a pinch screw to hold the eyepieces in place? Or has it a cut out spring collar that clasps around the eyepieces?

If it's the latter your EPs are slightly larger than 1.25" and you wont get any new ones that will fit your current focuser....

Thanks...The focuser tube has thumb screw/bolt and the exsisting eyepieces fit pretty good although is a very,very slight slop but probably the accepted tolerance for the eyepiece to fit! hardly any play!! if you get my drift.TA.

Archived