NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

AR10898 on the edge

Starman

Hi Chaps,

Yes I am reviewing the camera for the magazine (although it's for the "First Light" section which is more of a preview really). However, the best way to get used to the equipment is to use it :)

The camera runs beautifully and to see the Sun in preview mode at 60fps is pretty awesome. Makes lining up the shot a dream. Image quality wise, it's currently matching the Atik 1HS II but with a much higher frame rate. Lots of other things to discover about it though so the next week or so should be interesting.

Nothing weedy about your image Philip - you haven't seen my attempts at white light imaging :)

I like to see the white light images appear as it gives me something to compare against in terms of the complexity of the sunspot.

Wish I hadn't posted my weedy image of the same sunspot now :oops:

Nothing weedy about your image Philip - you haven't seen my attempts at white light imaging :)

I like to see the white light images appear as it gives me something to compare against in terms of the complexity of the sunspot.

I think both images are really great! This is what I love about different wavelengths-they show different details. Taken at close to the same time, a direct comparison can be made, just rotate the image and adjust the scale.

Not to plug anything, but my Powerpoint talk has a couple instances of observations in different wavelengths. One is an H-Alpha and Calcium K pairing, the other is a crude "movie" I made in H-alpha the other in Ultraviolet of an eruptive prominence. Another one is early on, comparing a magnetic image with an illustration of the filed lines. Great stuff, guys!

Marvelous image that Starman! Is that with a "plain old" PST or the double stacked jobbie? I'm considering swapping my OMC140 for a PST at some time in the future and it compares favourably in price (new versus new) for the trade. If the double stack bit is needed then I'll need to add in some of those penny things and that currently won't be good.

Captain Chaos

Archived