Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The dob has arrived...

After much debate, I eventually decided on the Skywatcher 10" solid tube, and ordered it yesterday from FLO. Arrived this morning, now that's what I call fast service.

Everything seems to be in order, I put the mount together this afternoon, it must be straightforward as I'm the world's worst at DIY ;) skies are looking pretty good at the moment so possibility of first light tonight!

After much debate, I eventually decided on the Skywatcher 10" solid tube, and ordered it yesterday from FLO. Arrived this morning, now that's what I call fast service.

Everything seems to be in order, I put the mount together this afternoon, it must be straightforward as I'm the world's worst at DIY ;) skies are looking pretty good at the moment so possibility of first light tonight!

Congrats on the new Dob. Skies are clear here too tonight, but a bit too much wind to fight with a big tube for me!

Have fun and let us know how you get on.

Allan

There's a jinx on Wolverhampton then - I looked out every 15 minutes or so until 11.30pm, and although the cloud was broken, it covered 90% of the sky. Will try again when I get back from Everton today - let's hope it cheers me up after Wolves' inevitable defeat ;)

I looked out every 15 minutes or so until 11.30pm, and although the cloud was broken, it covered 90% of the sky. :)

Don't you know it's the law that if you buy any new kit the sky will be cloudy for ages afterwards? :);)

Got my fingers crossed for you though....

Steph

Don't you know it's the law that if you buy any new kit the sky will be cloudy for ages afterwards? :);)

Steph

When I bought my newt, it was cloudy for the next 10 days!

I'll just keep my fingers crossed for Wolves then...

Allan

Steph

You're right Steph, Metcheck is still claiming that clear skies are due, when it's been complete cloud cover all the way tonight so far! Up in Liverpool for the match, I kept checking to see whether these clear skies were rolling in from the north as promised, no such luck! I predict the next clear nights will be either round Bonfire Night, or when I'm on a night shift, or both!

When I bought my newt, it was cloudy for the next 10 days!

I'll just keep my fingers crossed for Wolves then...

Allan

Well that kind of worked, we nearly won but got a creditable draw :)

Archived