Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

power pack help

ive just got my hands on a eq6 and im have a problem with my power pack it a small celestron one with the built in light, once it is fully charged its only lasting for two to three hours and then the light on the mount starts to flash, i think i need a better source of power could some one point me in the right direction.

thanks toby

When you buy it, depending on the shape of the 'posts' on the battery you would make a power lead that connects to one of those car ciggy lighter multi sockets, bear in mind when making the connections that the centre pin on a ciggy lighter plug is '+'.

A battery like that would keep you going for quite a few nights if you are only running a mount from it, but as with all Lead Acid batteries I would keep charge it after every use.

You could then get real fancy and build a box with all sorts of accessories in it, maybe Blinky will post a pic of his power supply, or should that be 'Pimp My Power Supply'? lol

HTH

Gary

I've said it a few times now, IMO the best and easiest solution is to buy a couple of 20Ah gell cell batteries and an electronic charger.

They can easily be lifted in one hand re-charge pretty quickly and last forever if looked after properly.

The deep discharge caravan/ boat batteries are OK, but they also need a good electronic charger and are pretty heavy to lug around...

Archived