Pent Shed Observatory

cosmic dave

I would think it will suffice. How big is your scope, and is it on a tripod, or are you contemplating a pier for it. It's just that a tripod can have a large footprint, and you don't want to be tripping over one of the legs. Especially if you are imaging. You could always add a warm room to it later.

Ron.

8ft by 6ft is fine with a pier for the C11 and a SBS refractor setup, but agree totally with Ron that if you're actually going to sit in the obs with it, be aware that 7x5 may be a bit a squeeze...

Hi ya mate,

I use a 7" x 5" pent for my obsy and as most have said it is a bit of a squeeze at times but I do all right from it, having said that if I was to start again I'd get something a bit bigger.

I should mention that I only use a couple of small refractors which helps.

I also made a roof that I can lift off as I was on a budget at the time and the original was way to heavy, one day I'll have a proper roll off job :D

Mines a 6x4 but its a remote set-up back to the house :D

I have a CPC800 on pier and wedge. works ok and keeps the wind off. I was restricted by location so had no choice, its better than lugging the scope around and having to re align it only to have cloud and drizzle come in :D

Guy

Archived