Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

PARADIGM Eyepieces

I got a whole set of 6 of these Paradigm eyepieces off Ebay.

Have tried them out and I'm well impressed, 60 degree field of view and a really chunky eyepiece with its own cleaning cloth.

They have a good write up on cloudy nights website, so thought I'd share my experience here as these were suprisingly good value.

1.25" 5mm 60 Degree ED Eyepiece - Paradigm on eBay (end time 08-Oct-09 23:00:14 BST)

(Sorry Mods, not plugging a sale here, link is just for info purposes only as this is where I got mine from.)

Thanks for the info...

I can see me collecting a huge number of "lesser" eyepieces, and one or two über-jobs, when I'm feeling really flush. :D (I'm currently re-kindling my old astro habit!)

Yes, I noted those as well. They seem to look remarkably similar to these:

Paradigm Dual ED - Astronomy Technologies

which seem to be getting favourable comments on the Cloudynights website (now that it's up and running again !).

The spec (in all but the lens element numbers) seems similar to the Burgess Optical / TMB planetary eyepieces in some ways ......

John

I got a whole set of 6 of these Paradigm eyepieces off Ebay.

Have tried them out and I'm well impressed, 60 degree field of view and a really chunky eyepiece with its own cleaning cloth.

They have a good write up on cloudy nights website, so thought I'd share my experience here as these were suprisingly good value.

1.25" 5mm 60 Degree ED Eyepiece - Paradigm on eBay (end time 08-Oct-09 23:00:14 BST)

(Sorry Mods, not plugging a sale here, link is just for info purposes only as this is where I got mine from.)

how did you manage to get a set - one at a time, or can you order sets from the guy. i need 2x8mm paradigms.

This is interesting - thanks for the heads up. What scope are you working with ? (F ratio).. could you perhaps drop us an idea of the edge distortion etc, clarity, brightness, contrast ? If they work as suggested, they would be a great "cooking" EP

Nice one

Archived