Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First DSO in a good while - Cave

NickH

Finally got back round to doing some deep sky over the weekend. Not enough sub time on this one, but a start

Cave Nebula - SH2-155

Around 6 hours in narrowband (13nm H-A, OIII, the SII was pants so the colour is synthesised)...needs much more sub time on the OIII and SII (and longer subs)

Atik 314L at around F7-F8

EQ6 guided by PHD 1.10 DSI-C

Probably need to run some more of Noels actions on it, but the laptop I am now using doesn't have it installed (did some processing at the office)

I have...it's too noisy, and too much munging to get the noise out... :-)

But thanks...

Obsy goes up on Saturday, so all being well, this winter season should be a whole new ballgame for me in terms of deep sky.... getting very fed up of lugging kit out (had two setups out on Saturday, one for review, and one mine) and then packing it all away again at silly am in the morning....

The Sun is so much warmer :-)...and sociable...lol

Rob...I know...:-)

5 minutes setup time, against 45, and no break down time at 4am...just roll the roof back..

and all under RDP control from the warm room from day one too! (just running final tests here in the office using all the ASCOM/EQmod sijmulators for what i want to do...seems to work very well!)

Archived