Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

imaging jupiter

how do i pull out more detail

1. Let the scope cool down to avaoid tube currents - it will take over an hour.

2. Get the focus as accurate as you can. Yes I know it's hard .... but it's critical to getting good results.

3. Find one of the better frames and use that for aligning.

4. Accept only about half the frames - use the slider before clicking on "Limit".

5. Try pulling the wavelet sliders around. Setting them all to about 25% is probably a good starting suggestion.

6. Some days you're fighting jet stream smearing, in these circumstances what you've caught is about as good as anyone can.

i`m just getting to grips using registax, try the automatic mode, it`s on the align page, left hand side, one of the jump up options, click auto, use, can`t remember which one it`s called off hand but it aligns, limits, stacks, all in one automatic operation, then it goes onto the wavelet page, there`s 6 sliders on the left hand side use numbers 1,2,3, and leave rest or have a little play, but i find the first 3 the only real usefull ones, slider 1 move to about 25, slider 2 move to about 17, slaider three move to about 10, then when you are happy click the do it all button at the top and there you have it, the easiest route.

p.s. before you align make sure that the box size (sizes on top left) just covers the planet

nice moon shadow on the right, ok now your getting the hang of it, try doing what brianb suggested, i.e. go though all the frames and pick out the best one and use it for aligning, this is done by useing the slider at the bottom of the align page, on the right click on page up at a time, hopefully one frame should be better than the rest i.e. clear and sharpish, use this frame to align the same way you did last time, as you have a clearer and sharper image the the results should be better, good luck

when i try to align at about 80% it says failed to decompress the file size is 1.30g how do i sort this out

You're running into problems caused by the addressing scheme used by the virtual memory model in Windows.

Registax v5 is supposed to be able handle "large files" but I've had problems with that too. What I how do is use VirtualDub to extract all the frames to individual BMPs, Registax has no problems with that. For further savings in time/effort use Ninox to run through the BMPs, centering & trimming to a reasonable size (saving Registax the effort of processing all that black space), also Ninox can sort into quality order which makes it easier to get rid of the obvious duffers even before going to Registax.

Archived