NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

meade beginner

Hi

I have purchased a meade etx 90 and i wondered if there is some one nr to Rhyl N Wales who could show me the ropes on using the scope .

Any help would be great .

Having read the instructions on working the remote i still can not seem to get it to do what i want .

Regards

Nick

is any one a meade user??

I have 2 Meade scopes but not an ETX I'm afraid.

Mike Weasner's web site dedicated to the ETX scopes seems have loads of information about these scopes and is not affiliated to Meade themselves (as far as I know) so you get the real tips rather than the official line:

Weasner's Mighty ETX Site

I hope that helps.

John

Hello,

Oops - pressed the wrong button..

I have ETX125 telescope.

From what I can recall, there are a number of things you need to do to use these.

1). Check that you have the correct location (Lat and Long) entered in the handset. You can use www.multimap.co.uk to obtain your exact Lat and Long from your postcode.

2). Check that you have the correct time entered.

3). When positioning your telescope on the tripod, make sure the control panel on the mount is pointing towards the West.

4). Loosen the Azimuth clamp and rotate the scope all the way Anti-clockwise, then relock the clamp.

5). Switch on the scope and follow the on-screen instructions. It should then work fine.

Hopefully, this should do the trick.

Have you put the scope onto the mount the correct way? Look underneath the scope, there should be one of the screw holes marked high latitude leg. This must be towards the leg that will point north (If I remember correctly)

I have an etx 90 too. If you are hopelessly lost give me a pm with your phone number and I'll run you through all the steps. All we need is a clear night in both scotland and wales (It MIGHT happen) and someone who can understand broad scots and welsh for translation purposes.

Thanks to Casus belli for spending 1.5 hrs talking me through the set up,Going to go and play with it now if the cloud clears ,Once again what a top guy and thanks .

Will buy you a beer or 3 when iam up that way :)

Thanks to others that gave their advce too :o:icon_salut:

Archived