Jupiter 10/09

rawhead

Thanks chaps :)

I did notice some of the frames looked really clear showing some good detail. Might try hand picking a few for another stack.

Not something I look forward too... It'll keep me busy while the X Factor is on :)

Cheers

Jon

Very nice Jon,

I tried this last night and got a very fuzzy blob. The seeing was horrible, but I suspect it was user error for the most part. Out of interest, when capturing the frames, does the preview display in K3CCD or whatever look good, or is it fuzzy?

Thanks!

Trev

Very nice Jon,

I tried this last night and got a very fuzzy blob. The seeing was horrible, but I suspect it was user error for the most part. Out of interest, when capturing the frames, does the preview display in K3CCD or whatever look good, or is it fuzzy?

Thanks!

Trev

Thanks Trev :)

Never looks as good on the preview screen as it does using an EP.

That said, I could clearly make out the bands, even had the odd glimpse of the GRS. Registax using wavelets really brings out the detail... (hopefully!) This is the best I've managed after nearly two years of trying.

DMK CCD next on the list.

Cheers

Jon

I was only going out to play with the collimation :)

Seeing was steady.

Both about 700 from 900 frames. OO 10'' X2 barlow and the webcam.

Very quickly processed. The first one a bit harder on the wavelets.

Cheers

Jon

Wow, very sharp images of gas planet.

What telescope were you using Jon?

any barlows? buy the looks of it you did not use barlow I guess. Barlow adds blur to the image:(

Archived