Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My Obsy gets underway ..

Coco

Ok.. After much begging and gnashing of teeth not to mention a newly decorated lounge, floor , light Oak furniture & leather suite oh… and fixtures and fittings … I finally get my wish to place a ‘small’ 7x5 shed on our blocked paved driveway.( sct compatible ? ) :o

The site was best placed because I can see Polaris over the house roof. ( just about all year around) have very good East, South & west views.

My plan was a pent shed, which will be delivered this week (5 Sept 09) I plan on a roll off roof….Anyway enough about that another time.:)

After rummaging about in the scrap pile at work I managed to find a 66” long 4 x 6.5” H beam ( RSJ) which was sat begging to be used. The block paving was carefully teased up much to the loathing of onlooker ( watched by her indoors through the kitchen window see 1st paragraph???) and a 40” hole was duly dug… :D

Added later 10 bags of post mix and voila…. A pier??:)

original.jpg

Well no not really, to my horror it could be twanged in the narrow direction and even ‘twisted’ albeit a minor amount… Shock horror!! :(

original.jpg

My answer was to encapsulate it in concrete which has been a considerable improvement.. Now the Pier is solid and no vibration or twisting … :grin:

And here it is... Even my son Harry looks suitably impressed with his fathers handy work ( Note daughter like mother in the background cleaning and generally snooping...)

original.jpg

Roll on Part 2:

• 3 weeks later...

Ok... after the pier upgrade :o next was getting the floor down.

Then the walls... This is for an 8" fork SCT ,Ive also based this on possible upgrade to 11" CPC ( I WISH :)) although the dew shield will need mods..and I have no plans to sit in it whilst taking images.

The house and my office are very close by so not necessary :)

original.jpg

original.jpg

Once I got the (shed) Obsy roof square and screwed tight it was time to work out the parallel distance between the to sides that would be carrying the roof away during sessions. First job was to get the runners mounted.

original.jpg

Once I could accurately distance the width I then screwed nylon (£1.80 each) casters on slight angles using tiny washers, remember its a pent roof so the runners will be at different heights :)

original.jpg

Next was lift the roof into position...

original.jpg

More to follow.... :D

Cheers

Guy

Looking fab. Can i ask where you got your runners from?

Iam building a very similar obsy to you and am a stage or two behind youself and wondering how to sort the roof out:icon_salut:

Cheers and good luck!

Daz

Hi Daz

The wheels came from here: CASTOR WHEELS General Hardware Buy Tools CHEAP Online

The alloy channel was bent by our local sheet metal dealer, I gave them a small drawing and they cut and bent it for me.

I think the channel was £20.00 ( £10 per side) + VAT

Wheels £1.24 each :o

Remember to put a few more at the loaded end, This photo of the lid upside down has been updated. The loaded end carries most weight.

Thanks for your comments..

Guy

Archived