Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Cederblad 214 in Ha - 18/09/08

Whippy

Another clear night :). I thought I'd give the 66 a run out last night and as per usual, it didn't disappoint. I've just spotted the announcement that these are being discontinued which is a real shame as they're really cracking scopes for the money, especially for narrowband stuff like this. In case anyone's wondering what or who Cederblad is, look here: Catalog of bright diffuse Galactic nebulae (Cederblad, 1946) . Also dragged the Mak-Newt out for some visual fun and games so all in all, a great night!

Anyways, Cederblad 214. Total exposure time 3 hrs (18 x 10 mins). Taken with an Atik 16HR with an Astronomik 13Nm Ha filter in the nosepiece, through the aforementioned Zenithstar 66. Guided by a WO FLT98, QHY5 and PHD. Stacked in DSS and processed in Photoshop.

Tony..

post-13439-133877392118_thumb.jpg

Now where have I seen that before :)

A very nice image m8, you're right about the little 66SD, it does a great job considering the cost.

:) Is it me or have we just been imaging the same objects for the last week? IC63 now this...

Tony..

Archived