Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Veil in HaRGB

Psychobilly

Ha from last night combined with RGB form earlier in the year .. all data captured using Baader BCF modified 1000D on Megrez 72 FF III Filters Hutech IDAS P2 LPR and Baader 35nm Ha for Ha...

Registered and combined in Registar... post processed in CS3...

[ATTACH]25578[/ATTACH]

Peter...

Cat - its actually cropped from the Full frame FOV of the 72 with the FF III because of mis-alignment between the older RGB and newer Ha subs

Neil - its 3 hrs RGB made up of 1 hour ISO 1600 and 2 hours ISO800 all in 5 min subs and 3 hours of Ha mix of 5 and 7.5min subs at ISO 800

Ron - I had to star reduce it otherwise the nebs get lost in the starfield

The unfiltered 350D is a real Ha hoover but suffers from ampglow and hot pixels when compared to the 1000D. The 350D also needs a reasonable gap between lights so overall its a lot less useful than the 1000D. Darks are pretty much essential for the 350D but I don't bother with them for the 1000D. The 350D isn't too bad in the depths of winter though so probably will benefit from a cooling solution if i want to use it year round.

Peter...

Peter, that's one of your best yet I reckon. Really shows off the whole of the complex, the OIII elements look great too, as well as the dark dust channel in the centre.

The amount of stars in this area is unbelievable. Its a shame that we have to reduce them down to show the other bits off, but with the Veil that's pretty much par for the hole. Very nicely done.

Tim

Cheers :)

I am plesantly suprisied with the lift that adding the Ha even from the 35nm filter under moon washed skies is having on some old data... I can't wait to try it on a night with darker skies ...

I think I have the Registar workflow burned into my mind as well now... pity I didnt do a better job of aligning the camera and framing so that the older RGB data and the Ha were aligned over the full frame..

Without star reduction its just way to busy...

Peter

Missed this one, Peter. Great stuff. My own efforts on this object confirm your point about the need to get the stars down to size. Of all the possible methods, nothing beats added narrowband. Maybe you could give this an O111 run? As well as getting good signal from the nebula you get more star size reduction into the bargain, a double whammy. I think I fed a bit of the O111 into Luminance and a bit into blue rather than green, in the end. (I hate the green channel and see it as the route of all evil!!)

Olly

Excellent work! I love the FOV -) You can really go for the big objects with your setup.

I've been away for a while now so I might have missed something; You're doing "Semi-Narrowband" with yout DSLRs? I've been interested in testing that out as well. Does it work well?

Only just started out on it Glenn when I was fortunate to acquire a 2" Baader Ha the 35 nM one... Thats the first reall use in anger of it with a 90+ % moon not too far away...

I am thinkign of getting the Baader 2" OIII as well to try and have asked elsewhere anout the best way of combining the OIII data... I think i need to try it for myself though as I Have some other ideas...

With the Ha I am combining 75% Ha with 25% R form the RGB... OIII I am thinking of doing soemthing similar in different percentages with the G and B data ...

I would then probably look for something 4 hours RGB on decent dark nights followed by 4 hours Ha and 4 hours OIII around half moon...

The narrowband is something to do on night when Luna is having her wicked way with the sky...

Peter...

Archived