NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

How can i do this?????

hi guys i am trying to capture meteors these days.in the following image i caught a meteor.i posted it on another forum where i guy copied it ,processed it and posted a processed image whereby he removed the light pollution but i dont know how he did it.do any of you guys know how to do it?

meteor2.jpg

following is the process one minus light pollution

meteor2ed.jpg

The page is there it just isn't connecting through SGL. Copy the link into your web browser. but make sure the URL contains /astrophoto/ in place of the /ast.../.

Its definately there, how do you think I found it.

Steve..

u have photo shop so if any of you guys have done it can u tell in brief that what settings should i increase or decreese cause i have played with contrast,brightness and gamma and it dosent removes light polllution.

As a starter, try this:-

From PhotoShop, select Layer - New Adjustment Level - Levels and you will note the default histogram is that of ‘RGB’. Using the drop down list box, choose the RED channel. You will immediately note a change to the histogram display. Ensure that the ‘preview’ option is selected so that you can see the changes that you are making to the appearance of the image in real-time. Slide the left hand ‘slider’ to the right until it is lined up with the start of the steep ‘slope’ of the histogram - it is important not to go past this point or you will be clipping your data. You will note that the image has changed its hue to a greenish tinge. Now, repeat the process for the green channel, noting that the hue has now got a blue tinge to it. Finally, repeat the process for the blue channel and you will be rewarded with a much better background sky colour and a far better colour balanced image.

Archived