Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Thoughts on the Vixen LV Zoom 8 - 24mm

They're a good quality zoom. While they're made in the same factory and have the same optics as the Televue zoom, Televue does their own additional quality control checks. Also the Televue has a clickstop arangement.

They're also the same as the original Celestron 8-24 zoom. Unfortuately a few years ago Celestron replaced the Vixen made one with another and much inferior one.

Overall not as good as the Hyperion zoom, but if you can get it at a good price (£50.00 - £60.00 or less) I'd still recommend it.

John

New !

Are you sure it's a Vixen LV zoom and not the newer Celestron one? The suggested retail is about £179.00 although it can usually be picked up cheaper.

Celestron zooms used to be made by Vixen years ago but not any more. Now they're a much cheaper one that's the same as those sold on eBay for about £50.00.

Do you have a link to the new one at that price?

John

Sorry also meant to mention I found the RVO Celestron 8 to 24 zoom on ebay also.. this is where I asked directly if it was a LV edition. They said Yes!!.. maybe thats the last one??.

Regards

Rob

Archived