NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Synscan set-up confirmation Help

ok when powering on my scope,and using handset

i confirm software, and not to point at sun

then i enter my long at lat in hrs and sec format

then asks for TimeZone? been puting -0100??

then asks for date mm/dd/yyyy

then asks for time and confirmation of time

then asks for daylight saving which i have been putting YES

would like to confirm above is correct esp Time Zone part which i was advised to put as -0100 but picture in set-up manual has almost whole of uk(except part of Ireland as time zone 0000)

so should i put -0000 or -0100 ??

i am using scope in glasgow which is approx -4degrees W

also when BST ends would everthing above still be same except for daylight savings which i presume would be NO (when BST ends)

alignment has been ok but just like to check i'm being as accurate as possible

many thanks for any help advise

(attached Time Zone pic from my manual) James

post-16858-133877387333_thumb.jpg

Be aware the - and + are not the same on Synscan version 3.24 (and possibly lower) which has a bug. You need to use the minus key as the handset will misinterpret the plus key.

Theres a fix for this in version 3.25 which is available at the Sky-Watcher site.

Now that's interesting. I just checked mine - I have never altered the timezone setting and it says +00.00. Database is V3.25 so I guess it's ok - never had a problem with it. What does it do with -00.00?

ok thx again for tips i will make sure i choose -00.00(minus)

(just checked and my version is 3.03 so should i upgrade? and

how easy is it to upgrade?)

i'm thinking anything West of london imaginary line running N and S

is minus anything East is +

if u look at pic most of uk seems to be in minus part

(if u were to draw a line in middle of 0 Zone)

hope u understand ?? and i got it right ?

Well mine was weird - it would accept a + or a - but its alignment on the first star was always off by a big margin. Apparently there was a bug and it would only reliably accept the - key.

3.03 upgrading to 3.25 - I dont know what the issues would be. I see no reason why it wouldn't work though I have seen some people saying they had problems on the Cloudy Nights website updating very old handsets. You need to check the handset firmware version to make sure its a version 3 handset then follow the instructions on the Skywatcher site. You'll need a serial port on your PC (or a serial to USB convertor) plus the download cable.

The downloads and the info are here SKY-WATCHER TELESCOPE

Archived